Close Menu
Times Network New Zealand
  • Home
  • Local News
  • World
  • Business
  • Lifetyle
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Food
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
What's On
Russian drones threaten civilians and aid work in Ukraine, UN aid chief warns

Russian drones threaten civilians and aid work in Ukraine, UN aid chief warns

August 21, 2026
Fire of the century in eastern Belgium brought ‘under control,’ local official says

Fire of the century in eastern Belgium brought ‘under control,’ local official says

August 21, 2026
Will the UK royal family welcome Harry and Meghan back? Expert urges couple to ‘move slowly’

Will the UK royal family welcome Harry and Meghan back? Expert urges couple to ‘move slowly’

August 21, 2026
NATO jets scrambled as drone enters Romanian airspace

NATO jets scrambled as drone enters Romanian airspace

August 21, 2026
Banderol, Russia’s new low-cost weapon testing Ukraine’s air defences

Banderol, Russia’s new low-cost weapon testing Ukraine’s air defences

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network New Zealand
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • World
  • Business
  • Lifetyle
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Food
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
Times Network New Zealand
Home » Norway releases first image of Crown Princess Mette-Marit after lung transplant
World

Norway releases first image of Crown Princess Mette-Marit after lung transplant

By Press RoomJuly 7, 20262 Mins Read
Norway releases first image of Crown Princess Mette-Marit after lung transplant
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
06/07/2026 – 14:22 GMT+2

Norway’s royal palace shared the first images of the country’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit on Monday since she underwent a lung transplant in June.

ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

The palace posted an image to social media of the crown princess sitting on a couch next to her husband Crown Prince Haakon watching Norway defeat Brazil, taking the country to its first-ever World Cup quarter-final.

“Yesterday turned into a historic evening!” the Royal House of Norway said in a post to Instagram.

A second photo showed the couple looking out of a window at the jubilant crowds that gathered outside.

It added that the crown princess and crown prince had followed the game from the palace.

Despite her evening at the palace, a spokeswoman told the AFP news agency that the crown princess had not yet been discharged from hospital.

Mette-Marit, 52, was diagnosed in 2018 with pulmonary fibrosis which causes scarring of the lungs and shortness of breath and she had been forced to scale back her duties over the years.

Her condition had deteriorated significantly over the past six months and her doctors said on 5 June that she had been placed on the waiting list for a lung transplant and on 17 June the palace announced she had undergone a “successful” lung transplant.

A single mother when she married Haakon in 2001, Mette-Marit’s health woes have coincided with the high-profile trial of her 29-year-old son from a previous relationship, Marius Borg Høiby, which has damaged the monarchy’s standing in the public eye.

In June, an Oslo court sentenced Hoiby to four years in prison for two counts of rape and 32 other offences, after a six-week trial in February and March.

Høiby denied the most serious charges and his lawyers have appealed the verdict, according to local media.

Mette-Marit has also been plagued by revelations about her friendship with convicted US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

In January, documents were released revealing her frequent contacts with Epstein between 2011-2014, after he was convicted of soliciting a minor, which shocked Norwegians.

Additional sources • AFP

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Russian drones threaten civilians and aid work in Ukraine, UN aid chief warns

Russian drones threaten civilians and aid work in Ukraine, UN aid chief warns

Fire of the century in eastern Belgium brought ‘under control,’ local official says

Fire of the century in eastern Belgium brought ‘under control,’ local official says

Will the UK royal family welcome Harry and Meghan back? Expert urges couple to ‘move slowly’

Will the UK royal family welcome Harry and Meghan back? Expert urges couple to ‘move slowly’

NATO jets scrambled as drone enters Romanian airspace

NATO jets scrambled as drone enters Romanian airspace

Banderol, Russia’s new low-cost weapon testing Ukraine’s air defences

Banderol, Russia’s new low-cost weapon testing Ukraine’s air defences

Ukraine anti-corruption probes close in on Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s inner circle

Ukraine anti-corruption probes close in on Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s inner circle

Hundreds of meetings, €8 million a year: How Big Tobacco lobbies the EU

Hundreds of meetings, €8 million a year: How Big Tobacco lobbies the EU

Will Prime Minister Andy Burnham move the UK closer to Europe?

Will Prime Minister Andy Burnham move the UK closer to Europe?

After weeks of rallying behind Fedorov, protesters reject his call for wartime elections in Ukraine

After weeks of rallying behind Fedorov, protesters reject his call for wartime elections in Ukraine

Editors Picks
Fire of the century in eastern Belgium brought ‘under control,’ local official says

Fire of the century in eastern Belgium brought ‘under control,’ local official says

August 21, 2026
Will the UK royal family welcome Harry and Meghan back? Expert urges couple to ‘move slowly’

Will the UK royal family welcome Harry and Meghan back? Expert urges couple to ‘move slowly’

August 21, 2026
NATO jets scrambled as drone enters Romanian airspace

NATO jets scrambled as drone enters Romanian airspace

August 21, 2026
Banderol, Russia’s new low-cost weapon testing Ukraine’s air defences

Banderol, Russia’s new low-cost weapon testing Ukraine’s air defences

August 20, 2026
Latest News
Russian drones threaten civilians and aid work in Ukraine, UN aid chief warns

Russian drones threaten civilians and aid work in Ukraine, UN aid chief warns

August 21, 2026
Fire of the century in eastern Belgium brought ‘under control,’ local official says

Fire of the century in eastern Belgium brought ‘under control,’ local official says

August 21, 2026
Will the UK royal family welcome Harry and Meghan back? Expert urges couple to ‘move slowly’

Will the UK royal family welcome Harry and Meghan back? Expert urges couple to ‘move slowly’

August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Times Network New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.