Close Menu
Times Network New Zealand
  • Home
  • Local News
  • World
  • Business
  • Lifetyle
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Food
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
What's On
European carmakers face EU pressure to diversify chip suppliers

European carmakers face EU pressure to diversify chip suppliers

May 22, 2026
Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

May 22, 2026
Italy moves to Airbus A330 tankers in major NATO-aligned shift

Italy moves to Airbus A330 tankers in major NATO-aligned shift

May 22, 2026
No, the US hasn’t announced a total withdrawal of troops from Europe

No, the US hasn’t announced a total withdrawal of troops from Europe

May 22, 2026
‘No way out’: Italian divers who died in the Maldives may have become lost in cave, rescuers say

‘No way out’: Italian divers who died in the Maldives may have become lost in cave, rescuers say

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Times Network New Zealand
Subscribe
  • Home
  • Local News
  • World
  • Business
  • Lifetyle
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Food
  • Editor’s Choice
  • Press Release
Times Network New Zealand
Home » UK jury convicts Kuwaiti national over attempt to attack Israeli embassy in London
World

UK jury convicts Kuwaiti national over attempt to attack Israeli embassy in London

By Press RoomMay 2, 20262 Mins Read
UK jury convicts Kuwaiti national over attempt to attack Israeli embassy in London
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
01/05/2026 – 14:51 GMT+2

A UK jury convicted a Kuwaiti migrant on Friday of trying to break into Israel’s London embassy to launch a knife attack, shortly after Britain refused his asylum application.

ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

Jurors at London’s Old Bailey court found 34-year-old Abdullah Albadri guilty of preparation of terrorist acts and possession of two knives following the incident in April last year.

Armed police had tackled Albadri as he scaled an eight-foot-high fence at the west London embassy while carrying two knives, with the court hearing he wanted to “exact revenge” for the killing of children in Gaza.

Police body camera footage played during his trial showed Albadri telling officers: “I wanna make a crime inside there, why are you stopping me?”

Police also found a so-called “martyrdom note” when they searched him.

Albadri had denied planning to harm anyone, giving evidence that the knives were intended for “personal use” as he was homeless.

Jurors deliberated for nearly 14 hours before rejecting his claims and convicting him. He was remanded in custody and will be sentenced at a later date.

Albadri had twice entered the UK in small boats but had been denied asylum in April 2025.

He had claimed to have been jailed and mistreated for campaigning for human rights in Kuwait.

His lawyer Chris Henry told the court he had been in a “state of total despair” but had tried to get help after his asylum claim was rejected and he was told to leave an asylum hotel.

“This case is about a human being in real distress and what is going on inside his head,” he said.

The conviction comes the day after Britain’s security services raised the terrorism threat level to “severe”, the second highest level in the five-tier system, meaning an attack is “highly likely in the next six months.”

The move followed the stabbings on Wednesday of two Jewish men in north London, as well as a spate of arson attacks targeting the Jewish community and other growing extremist threats.

Additional sources • AFP

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

European carmakers face EU pressure to diversify chip suppliers

European carmakers face EU pressure to diversify chip suppliers

Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

Italy moves to Airbus A330 tankers in major NATO-aligned shift

Italy moves to Airbus A330 tankers in major NATO-aligned shift

No, the US hasn’t announced a total withdrawal of troops from Europe

No, the US hasn’t announced a total withdrawal of troops from Europe

‘No way out’: Italian divers who died in the Maldives may have become lost in cave, rescuers say

‘No way out’: Italian divers who died in the Maldives may have become lost in cave, rescuers say

Russia delivers nuclear warheads to Belarus as NATO tensions spike

Russia delivers nuclear warheads to Belarus as NATO tensions spike

Latvia issues warning to residents after detecting unmanned aerial vehicle in its airspace

Latvia issues warning to residents after detecting unmanned aerial vehicle in its airspace

EU cuts 2026 growth forecast as Strait of Hormuz crisis pushes inflation up

EU cuts 2026 growth forecast as Strait of Hormuz crisis pushes inflation up

EU countries and Parliament clash on controversial return rules for migrants

EU countries and Parliament clash on controversial return rules for migrants

Editors Picks
Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

May 22, 2026
Italy moves to Airbus A330 tankers in major NATO-aligned shift

Italy moves to Airbus A330 tankers in major NATO-aligned shift

May 22, 2026
No, the US hasn’t announced a total withdrawal of troops from Europe

No, the US hasn’t announced a total withdrawal of troops from Europe

May 22, 2026
‘No way out’: Italian divers who died in the Maldives may have become lost in cave, rescuers say

‘No way out’: Italian divers who died in the Maldives may have become lost in cave, rescuers say

May 22, 2026
Latest News
European carmakers face EU pressure to diversify chip suppliers

European carmakers face EU pressure to diversify chip suppliers

May 22, 2026
Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

May 22, 2026
Italy moves to Airbus A330 tankers in major NATO-aligned shift

Italy moves to Airbus A330 tankers in major NATO-aligned shift

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Times Network New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.